Image

Image
May we never let things we can't have or don't have or shouldn't have, spoil our enjoyment of the things we do have and can have. For one of the greatest lessons in life is learning to be HAPPY without the things we can't or shouldn't have...

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

#Twins : 1st check-up @ UMMC

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.....

Went to my first antenatal check-up at UMMC@PPUM yesterday. Yes! That's right. I'm changing hospitals from SDMC Subang Jaya to UMMC. Since me and my other half found out that we are expecting twins, had to change our mind for places of delivering our twins. I think u can guess why??? Becoz of this lorrrrr.......$$$$$ :( This time around I'm opting for c-sect. I've asked a friend who have given birth is SDMC-SJ and she told me that one chinese lady who gave birth to twins via c-sect on the same date as her previous son got charged double the standard charge...say about 16k......pffttt???? And from some forum on the internet, most hospitals will likely charge double for delivering twins especially the private ones. Obviously the charge is far from affordable for us. Even if I got the $$$$ I would use it to do something else, like buy bigger and new car since the existing car won't fit us 7s by next year.

So, after reviewing some opinions and experiences other mothers had on the internet forum , I found that UMMC is one of the renowned and recognized by mothers in Klang Valley. But, before we make the final decision we did pursue for a second opinion. This one opinion is solid enough for us not to think twice anymore becoz we asked my other half's bro-in-law who is Paed doc in UMMC himself...pheww! Got lucky during this difficult time of deciding. But won't be lucky enough when it's time for the twins to arrive since he will be transferring to Selayang Hospital by Dec soon. 

After all the registration and booking payment process, I found myself repeating all those standard antenatal check-up again. The part I hate most...when I had to surrender my veins for them to take my precious blood out. Ohhh did I mention I forgot to hand the doc the forms of few tests I needed my blood for and she had tu cucuk me again on another arms to withdraw the blood again....double pain my frenz, double pain!! I hate needles!! And the nurse had me drink some sweetest drink I ever had in my life before that...u know to check whether we have diabetes or not. I did not receive any call from UMMC medical staff till evening, so I assume everything was ok. Had to wait an hour after drinking it before the bloody process took place.

Was called to the doc's room during the one hour waiting and she was shocked to hear me saying that I am pregnant with twins. She had to call one of the sonographer for an immediate ultrasound scan since I am already on my 20 weeks long. She had to blame the nurse at the registration counter for giving me a very late appointment since twins cases need special care as I told her that I have already given the nurse info about me carrying twins.

Lying on the hospital bed during the ultrasound was a pain in the a**, I even had to stood up for a while after finishing ultrasound-ing the 1st baby. Thanks to the sonographer, she asked me to tell her when ever I need to stood up for a moment if I ever felt uncomfortable or dizzy. The whole scanning process freaks me out, or in other words, technologies freaks me out, becoz the ultrasound was so damn DETAILED that u don't need to wait for your babies to come out to know whether he or she is perfectly healthy physically and internally. They don't have this 4 years ago when I was pregnant with Ashif! I hope u get what I mean. U know, what if something was not totally fine with your babies and u know it as early as 5 months??? Can u carry on with ur pregnancy happily for another 4 months knowing that the arrival is not going to be joyous one?

Anyway, alhamdulillah the ultrasound result came out just fine. Both babies basically have 10 fingertips, 10 toes, eyes, noses, solid lips ( no sumbing), 2 kidneys and 4 important heart veins ( see what I mean!!). That was a relief but still the sonographer could not determine whether the twins share the same placenta or not. From what I understand this is an important info for the doctor to closely monitor the development of the twins coz they might be sharing everything especially foods and nutrients and can cause some problems if one of them did not get enough nutrients. So, there might be one bigger baby and one smaller baby or one healthy and one not. Need to go and see Doc. Haris again for some reference regarding my 1st trimester check-up at SDMC-SJ that day..haisyyy :(

So, basically I am satisfied with the check-up yesterday....from the output of the ultrasound, the check-up procedures, the UMMC facilities and of course the treatment from all levels of UMMC staff.
 

p/s :The next appointment will be 3 weeks from today which is on the 19th of Nov.

1 comment:

  1. PERMANENT DOCTOR NEEDED - URGENT !!!

    We are Owner and Operator a General Practice (GP) Clinic in Bandar Sungai Long, Bangi and Putrajaya (Presint Diplomatik - Klinik Pakar KASIH).

    We are looking for a dedicated Medical Officer Requirements at Bandar Sungai Long Clinic:-
    Lady doctor
    MBBS or equivalent from a recognized institution approved by Ministry of Health Malaysia
    Possess valid Annual Practicing Certificate
    Registered with Malaysia Medical Council
    Minimum 2 years working experience in Obstetric & Gynecology
    Attended an Obstetric Life Saving Skill
    Attended A Neonatal Resuscitation Program
    Working hours negotiable with minimum on-call
    Very attractive salary RM7,000 (starting)
    Kindly please send to recommend CV to: aznial@gmail.com

    Clinic information:-

    PUSAT RAWATAN SUNGAI LONG
    NO. 12 JALAN SL 1/13
    BANDAR SUNGAI LONG
    43000 KAJANG
    SELANGOR
    TEL / FAX: 03-90114833

    ReplyDelete